Warehouse & Distribution
This sector employs 1.7 million people in over 63,000 companies, making it the UK’s fifth biggest industry. The effective warehousing and distribution of goods is about getting products to the right place, at the right time, in the right condition.
By undertaking a Warehousing & Distribution qualification(s) at the appropriate level you will develop and strengthen the necessary skills to work efficiently within the warehouse, distribution and logistics industry.
Why Warehousing & Distribution?
- There are numerous opportunities available within the sector
- The skills learned are transferable to other occupational areas and the prospects for promotion are excellent
- The qualifications achieved are recognised by employers and will be a real advantage when you are thinking of promotion or applying for a job
The Apprenticeship Framework
The Apprenticeship Framework consists of a suite of qualifications, usually a competency based qualification, a knowledge based qualification, essential skills and employee rights & responsibilities. These qualifications have been agreed by the Sector Skills Council responsible for Warehousing and Distribution.
The time taken to complete the apprenticeship framework differs for each individual but you should expect to complete within 12 to 15 months.At induction an Individual Learning Plan is agreed and put together, personalised for your learning.
Dependent on your current job role and prior learning, learning can be undertaken at one of the following levels. Once complete you may have the opportunity to progress to the next level.
- Level 2 – Foundation Apprenticeship
- Level 3 – Diploma in Warehousing & Storage
The Next Step
Contact one of our qualified Training Coordinators who will be able to help you decide which level is suitable for you.